Friday, April 6, 2018

Insulation - Step one


INSULATION - Step One

It's been a few weeks since our last update and a lot has happen since then. Let me bring you up to speed.  I have slacked a bit, I know...I know... 



Let's rewind a bit to March 21st...  We decided to insulate with a combination of spray foam & rock wool insulation.  Spray foam comes in two parts which combine and spray out to create a foam insulation into the wall and ceiling cavities of the house.  Rock wool looks like your typical roll out fiber glass insulation.   Brandon decided to do the spray in insulation on our own to help save cost.  As usual  he did his research and ended up renting a spray foam truck.  The truck came with all of the supplies needed to complete the project, even a white jumpsuit. :)   


 Looking good! 

                               

                                                       Walls have 1.5 inches of foam


Basement complete with spray foam


View from Master Bedroom of scaffolding rented and looking back into the rest of the house



Attic with 3.5 inches of spray foam

No comments: