Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tuesday October 21, 2008

I know...I am behind on an update.

It has been a busy couple weeks at the house as you can see from the pictures. On the outside we have finished the painting, added a crawlspace vent, fixed the roof leak, and quite a few other small things. With the weather getting colder now we have focused more of our time on the inside. The subfloor is almost complete in the living room, the plumbing for the outside spiket has been moved and a frost free spiket was put on, all the cabinets and blinds have been cleaned. We have moved onto the riverside bedroom to make one room we can move into and removed all the drywall and subfloor. We did the same for the closet that is next to it in the hallway, which we will be attaching to the bedroom for a walk-in closet instead of a hallway closet. The bedroom wall is being moved out into the living room to make the room larger in size. The lower framing on the river side french doors had to be replaced due to moisture rotting the wood and the main support for all the living room floor had to be raised about 1 1/2" to level the floors in the living room. The crawlspace has been completely cleaned... many are thinking this was an easy job but so far this has been the worse. I removed about 15 contractor bags of "trash" including a racoon carcass. Good news is we started garbage service to get on top of all we are throwing out, we will see if he takes the LARGE mound of trash I put out for him though. I think about 40 bags of garbage is going to deserve this guy a christmas bonus this year if he takes it. Work is going to continue on the bedroom now, and I need one more nice day outside to finish trimming the outside windows and caulking. I have had an ad running on craigslist for a week now for a free boat lift to whoever wants to take it out... with alot of responses but the lift is still sitting in the water. Many people say they are coming out this week to get it, I will update you if this trash is taken. Eric loaned me his racoon trap for the garage which is on day 3 now, but I havent caught anything. I think we are all caught up and if there are any picture requests let me know.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: