Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Friday September 19, 2008

Well this is where it all starts, a house is bought, a blog is started, and an audience of people want to know about the progress. After Darren's house project it seems almost impossible not to continue the tradition.

We bought our first house today and as excited as we are to own a new house, we are equally excited to start working on it. As many would expect we didn't buy our "dream house" rather a house that needs a lot of work. Here is a quick summary of the condition:
  • Plumbing does not work.
  • House has been unoccupied for a year since foreclosure of last owner.
  • Floors are warped in a few rooms.
  • Dirty, Dirty, Dirty.
  • Roof and a couple windows are leaking.
  • Garage has been taken over by raccoons.
  • Yard is in desperate need of landscaping.
This is just a start to the list, hope you all follow the progress and feel free to comment so I know someone is out there checking in on us.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Congrats on the house!! It is going to be so cute!

Hilary

Sharon said...

Brandon and Liz - Howard and I love the house and can't wait to watch what you are going to do. The location is supper. Brandon did I miss something?

Anonymous said...

Hey Liz and Brandon!
Congratulations on the house, what a big job you both took on, but it looks great so far and can't wait to see the finished result!!! I guess I just invited myself over for a visit, hee-hee!

love, Amy

Anonymous said...

Hi guys! I have a request for the garbage bag pile pic! :)
- C

Brandon said...

I have a picture of the trash pile but it was taken while it was dark, I will see what I can do for you.

Anonymous said...

Way tooooo Cool! Cannot believe how much work you guys have done - it's absolutely beautiful...can't wait to visit - save a couch or aerobed for Les & double A.

XXXOOOO
Leslie

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz and Brandon -

Congrats on the house, amazing all that you have both achieved. Keep the good work up and the pictures coming, it has encouraged me to get the paint brush out and start working again on our house.

Would love to take a trip out and see it, let us know someone weekend that works.

All the best

David & Britt