Wednesday, July 22, 2009
July 22, 2009
I got motivated again. I took a couple days off of work last week to finish the floors. Back in March we put down new flooring in the living room and since then we have had a part of floor unfinished and the rest of the existing floor which was in pretty bad looking shape. I rented a orbital sander to get the job done but after 4 hours of sanding I realized it was not going to cut it. As you can see in the second picture the drum sander was able to take the floor down enough including leveling out the higher gap of the new flooring. We decided to stain the floor to add some color, which I think turned out pretty good. When I started this job I did not realize how much work was going to be involved, I started off thinking this would be a 2 day project. After sanding and staining and letting each coat of polyurathane dry, it ended up being 5. Lesson learned.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
WOW! Looking back, that dinning room was quiet ugly. Brandon has done such an amazing job on the house, and the floors look GREAT! I LOVE OUR HOUSE! It's feeling homey! -Liz
The house looks amazing! You have done such a fantastic job and I can't wait to see the new floors very soon! - Cel
Post a Comment